UltraSn0w: Software method to Unlock iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0 Released
It's also makes it the world's first software solution to unlock iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0.
The iPhone Dev Team had released their PwnageTool 3.0 for Mac on June 19 to jailbreak iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0 and then followed it up by releasing Redsn0w for both Mac and Windows users on June 20 to jailbreak iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0.
PwnageTool and Redsn0w can also be used to unlock iPhone 2G.
Dev Team has published the following instructions:
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0.
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy).
- Run Cydia or Icy.
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia or Icy. That last “o” is actually the number zero “0”! If you use the letter “o” you’ll get an error.
- Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w.
- Reboot your iPhone 3G.
- T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w.
But please proceed with caution and don't forget to tell us if you were able to successfully unlock your iPhone 3G.
[via iPhone Hacks]
Get a Free iPhone 3GS! Yes, that is correct! Stay away from the trouble of earning enough to pay for it for you can get it the simple way .... straight to your doorstep! Free! Interested? Then find out how to get a Free iPhone 3GS!